• Defoe, Daniel, A Journal of the Plague Year, 1722.
• MacMahon, Brian, and Trichopoulos, Dimitrios, Epidemiology. Principles and Methods, 2nd Edition, J.P. Lippincott, 1996.
• “Outbreak, On Assignment with Richard Engel,” on MSNBC-t.v., 15 March 2020.
• Jane Qui, “How China’s “Bat Woman” Hunted Down Viruses from SARS to the New Coronavirus — Wuhan-based virologist Shi Zhengli has identified dozens of deadly SARS-like viruses in bat caves, and she warns there are more out there,” Scientific American, March 11, 2020.
• Reference to William Farr and John Graunt was provided in an email (3/19/20) to me from Professor of Epidemiology Emeritus Richard Monson, M.D., S.D.
• Cancer Causes and Control, an International Journal of Cancer Epidemiology, published in Oxford, England, with editorial offices at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health.
• Wells, H.G., War of the Worlds, 1897.